What are the benefits of studying in New Zealand?
New Zealand is known for its unique education system. With diverse study opportunities and world-class universities, New Zealand is a hub for foreign students’ education.
Here are the top reasons for choosing New Zealand for your studies:
- New Zealand has very few entry requirements
- There is very less chance of visa rejection
- Students can work while studying
- Easy visa process
- Can obtain a permanent residency
- Research-based course structures
- Many scholarship programs
- Safe and secure environment
- Increased quality of life
Can you work in New Zealand while studying?
Yes, you can work in New Zealand while studying.
If you are planning to work part-time,
Part-Time Work Eligibility:
- Work for up to 20 hours a week
If you’re planning to work full-time,
Full-Time Work Eligibility:
- Only allowed during holidays, Christmas and New Year
- You need to be a full-time student for at least 2 years
- Your job needs to be under the Skilled Migrant category
If you are enrolled for a doctoral degree or a Master’s by Research Programme as awarded by a tertiary institution of New Zealand, then there is no restriction on your hours of working.
What is the validity of a NZ Student visa?
The maximum validity of the visa is five years.
Can I stay in New Zealand after my study?
Yes, you can stay in New Zealand after your study by applying for a work visa. You need to get a permit to work in New Zealand for at least 3 years after completing your education. You also need an acceptable qualification to get your work visa for New Zealand. Considering your level of education and the university from where you have studied, a post-study work visa will be issued to you. It can last for 1, 2, or 3 years.
There are two visa types for working after studying in NZ:
- Post-Study Work Visa (Open)
- Post Study Work Visa (employer-assisted).
After working for a sufficient period, you can even obtain a chance to become a Permanent Resident in New Zealand. Getting a New Zealand PR Visa will be easier if your job is listed under the skilled jobs that are in shortage.
Can I bring my family to New Zealand while studying?
If you have a student visa, your dependent children can come to New Zealand as visitors. They can stay here for the same length of time as your visa allows.
How can I get PR in New Zealand after study?
You can apply for a visa to work in New Zealand for up to 3 years after you finish your study if you have acceptable qualifications. A Post-study work visa lasts for 1, 2 or 3 years depending on the level of your qualification and where you studied.
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for a PR visa?
- Should be below 55 years
- Health and character certified
- Must have a job offer letter from a company located in New Zealand
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Get a resident visa at least 2 years before you apply for permanent residency
- Must have lived in New Zealand under a resident visa for 2 years.
- Must have fulfilled the necessary conditions of your resident visa
Why choose to study in New Zealand?
- You can work too
- You will be studying at a top international university
- You are eligible to get permanent residency
- You will enjoy a serene landscape all around the year
- You will have an enhanced quality of life
- Globally accredited qualifications
- Rights for overseas students
- Travel to and from the country
- Work while studying (depending on your visa type)