Well, Canada has the world’s topmost universities. But there is nothing like “So the fees are on cloud nine”. It depends on which universities you apply to and for which courses. Also, varies on the basis of being an international student and a home student. Here are a few points to take note of regarding the cost of studying in Canada.
- Ontario has the most expensive tuition fees. Students pay an average of CA$ 8,454 per year here.
- Reports show that average tuition fees for undergraduate programs for international students in Canada are CA$25, 625 per annum. Here the engineering and medical sciences would be expensive as compared to the cheap courses. In Canada, pursuing an engineering degree takes an average of CA$28, 340 per annum.
- Whereas the post-graduation fees are comparatively lower. It varies depending on the courses you take. But at an approximate sight, sources state CA$16, 252. However, management studies in Canada are comparatively more costly than the average fees. Especially when you choose the executive programs for MBAs. It falls approximately at CA$ 50,000.
Cheapest University in Canada
Choosing one of the cheapest higher education institutions in Canada is a good option for those who are looking for affordable education. Here is a small list of affordable universities in Canada.
- Brandon University( Brandon, Manitoba)
- Université de Saint-Boniface( Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Dominican University College(Ottawa, Ontario)
- Canadian Mennonite University(Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- The Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia(Prince George, British Columbia)
- The University of Calgary( Calgary, Alberta)
- The University of Saskatchewan(Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
- Simon Fraser University(Burnaby, British Columbia)
Scholarships for International Students in Canada
There are a number of scholarships available to study in Canada for international students. Now, these scholarships can be from universities in Canada, the Canadian Government, or other entities providing scholarships. The scholarships help a large number of students in Canada with their tuition fees, transportation, travel, and healthcare. There are few fully paid scholarships that can let you study in Canada for Free. However, they are very few and hard to get. Scholarships offering partial financial aid are large in numbers. There are 3 types of scholarships, under which you can find plenty. They are:
- Canadian government scholarships
- Non-governmental scholarships to study in Canada
- Universities offering scholarships in Canada
Safety in Canada
Public Safety Canada is a single entity unit to protect the people in Canada from crime, terrorism, and natural disasters. It is connected with all the other federal entities and coordinates with them. The benefit of a single entity for safety means a highly prioritized and organized system to ensure the safety of the people.
Moreover, all the colleges and universities observe the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Act, in addition to all the municipality, provincial, and Federal laws and acts. This shows how committed the government and people are with regard to safety.
Study and Work in Canada
Working off-campus means you are studying but have permission to work outside the campus solely. Here also, you need to have valid work consent as well as the institute’s permission along with the study in Canada permit.
Working on campus means you’re still studying. You have a valid study in Canada permit. And you’re associated with one of the public post-secondary institutes Or maybe a private institute with at least funded by 50 per cent of government grants. The institute keeps you or assigns your professor to work with. Or maybe you are assisting in working for the building or campus.
Canada welcomes you with open arms to work there if you’re the best fit!
There are always conditions where you opt for a bit of permanent residence in abroad countries. In Canada also, you need to comply with such conditions or a set of rules that make sure of your eligibility for working in Canada. It can be after the completion of your graduation or simultaneously while studying.
Post Graduate work permit in Canada
The post-graduation work permit allows international students who have graduated from the post-secondary university of Canada to obtain valuable work experience in the country. You can have the right to work full-time for up to 3 years after you graduate from a Canadian university, this is one of the reasons why you should study in Canada. The duration of the work permit depends on the duration of your program. You are not required to work in a specific field in Canada, you can work in any field as you wish.
Accommodation in Canada for international students
They offer amenities such as town homes. However, it is great if you get the family/ host homes. They provide you with meals 3 times a day and can have secure staying accommodation. You will surely experience a home-like atmosphere there. There are also townhouses available in some cities and areas. Where they contain three to six bedrooms and you can simply opt for single rooms. Also, there are off-campus shared apartments.
Also, it depends on where you live again. For example, If you choose to study at the University of Toronto and live near St. George, it would be a Costlier abode. A room near St. George cost you approx. $625 whereas the same is near the University of Toronto, $530 to $540. Whereas for 1, 2 and 3 BHK apartments, an average of $1200, 1600 and 2000 approximately.
Which are the best city to study in Canada?
Study in Toronto Canada
Toronto is a beautiful city in Canada, located along the shore of Lake Ontario. Many researchers are of the opinion that Toronto deserves popularity for being the most attractive student city. Whether you are into fashion, photography, visual arts, film, or journalism, the city has a wide range of industries within the creative field. This city is a wonderful place having plenty of opportunities.
Study in Calgary Canada
Calgary is a large city located in western Canada in the province of Alberta. With open spaces, rivers, mountains, and more sunshine than other cities in Canada, Calgary is a beautiful place to live in. The city is popular for leisure time activities and has the most extensive bikeway system. The City attracts applications from many corners of the world to the universities in Calgary
Study in Ottawa Canada
Ottawa is the capital city of Canada. It is home to some of the best educational institutes in the nation. The universities in Ottawa are some of the top-ranked universities in Canada. For international students who are planning to study in Canada, Ottawa is something that cannot be overlooked. The city is counted among those which consist of the most educated population.
Pre-departure guide for international students in Canada
To make things easier for every student preparing for the journey, to study in Canada, we have prepared a detailed checklist to help you. Find the list here:
- Ensure that you have a non-expired passport. It should be valid for an additional six months after your course is completed.
- Satisfy the conditions of your university. They might ask you to provide official transcripts, language exam scores, etc.
- Get a study visa for Canada. You should apply for a visa at least two months before the day you are planning to fly out to Canada.
- Finalize and book a type of accommodation in Canada. Choose from living on-campus, rented room or apartment, or any other family stay.
- Book your tickets to fly to Canada. You can arrange for the University to pick you up from the airport if you have decided to live on campus.
- Go through all the required medical examinations and take vaccinations. Check the entry requirements page of the Canada immigration website if it is required in your case or not.
- Arrange travel insurance (optional)
- Book a student mentor program in Canada. If you feel you will need a mentor to help you adjust to the new life, you can enrol in various student-mentor programs by the student council.
- Read the preparation emails sent by the university to you. They will include a study in Canada guide and checklists to help you prepare for the journey.
- Plan your budget accordingly
- Activate a student account on the university website.
- Apply for an ID card. You may have to send the email to the admission department of the university with your Name, Student Number, as well as your photograph.
- Research about the Fresher’s Week or Orientation program of events and sessions in Canada.
Before you leave your home country
- Buy currency
- Pay the tuition fee deposit
- Pay accommodation deposit
- Collect all the documents you will need for an international student clearance at the university.
- Shop for appropriate clothes, utensils, etc. which may not be easily available abroad
- Pack your luggage appropriately.
We can see that there is 51 per cent of students applying for permanent residence in Canada. Students who want to study in Canada and are a bit nervous to get adjusted to the atmosphere in Canada should know that 14 per cent of the Canadian population are International students.
Study in Canada for BANGLADESHI STUDENT
Canada is the favourite destination for many Bangladeshi students as well as professionals for higher educational studies and job opportunities. Bangladeshi are considering Canada over other countries for their future prospects. Education and Student life in Canada encourage Indian students to move to Canada in search of opportunities. Studying in Canada Bangladeshi students is one of the most sought-after nations for both undergraduate and graduate. There are adequate colleges for Bangladeshi students.
Study in Canada requirements for Bangladeshi students
When thinking about going to Canada for higher education, Bangladeshi students need to know the requirements for studying in Canada. However different universities and courses have their specific requirement, yet there are some general requirements to study in Canada for I Bangladeshi students:
- You will require mark sheets and transcripts of secondary and higher secondary schooling
- Depending on the Institution, you will be asked to prove your language proficiency. Usually, Bangladeshi students take IELTS or TOEFL tests to prove their language proficiency.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A detailed resume covering educational achievements, work experience and progression, and other related experience.
- A statement of purpose(SOP) that clearly explains why the student is applying and outlines his or her academic intentions.
Cost of study in Canada for Bangladeshi students
Studying abroad can be an expensive affair, but when it comes to Canada, is one of the countries where quality education is available at lower tuition rates than many other English-speaking countries. But before you leave Bangladesh make sure that you take into account the expenses like accommodation, food, travel and health coverage along with your tuition fee while estimating the cost of studying in Canada. This will help you plan your budget in an effective manner. The level of education and its average annual fee is given below:
- Undergraduate program = CAD$12,000 to CAD$25,000 per year
- Postgraduate master’s degree = CAD$14,000 to CAD$35,000 per year
- Doctoral degree = CAD$7,000 to CAD$10,000 per year
In the information given below, we have mentioned the average cost of study in Canada for Bangladeshi students in rupees and in Canadian dollars as well.
|CAD 7,000 to CAD 35,000
|CAD 7,200 to CAD 24,000
|Other Living Expenses (Grocery, transportation, etc.)
|CAD 6,000 to CAD 10,000
|The total cost of study in Canada for Indian students
|CAD 14,200 to CAD 35,000
Top Universities in Canada:
Canada is a home for many universities giving the best services. Some of the top universities in Canada for students of Bangladeshi are given below:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
- Université de Montréal
- Queen’s University
- Western University
- University of Waterloo
- University of Calgary
Best place to study in Canada for I Bangladeshi students
There are many popular places in Canada to study for Bangladeshi students. If you want to Study in Canada, there are a few best student cities you can look forward to. Major Provinces & Cities in Canada are Toronto in Ontario, Vancouver in British Columbia, Calgary in Alberta, Regina in Saskatchewan, Winnipeg in Manitoba, Montreal in Quebec etc
Cheapest colleges in Canada for Bangladeshi students
The colleges in Canada are mostly for undergraduate studies, or for the PG Diploma courses which are most favourite among Bangladeshi students. The courses can be for one year or two years. Starting off with the Colleges, Evergreen College is one of the cheapest colleges in Toronto, Canada for Indian students, and a few others are:
- Evergreen College, Ontario
- Robertson College, Manitoba
- ABM College, Alberta
- Maritime College of Forest Technology, New Brunswick
- Dominican University College, Ontario